4130 Alloy Seamless Aircraft Quality Tubing
OD & ID, ID & Wall, AMS6360, Mil-T-6736B, SAE4130
- An alloy grade tubing, cold drawn with higher tensile and yield strength than corresponding carbon tubing
- Aircraft alloy 4130 Mil-T-6736B is generally available in sizes from .125” OD thru 2.500” OD by .020” wall thru .250” walls
- 4130 Aircraft Quality Tubing provides an even better strength to weight ratio than its carbon tube alternatives
- Typically produced in Condition N meaning stress relieved
- Surface finish is in, an as finished condition, similar to other types of cold worked or finished tubing. (Of recent note is the surface finish being produced by third world producers which is less than the previous standard even though it is within specification & tolerance)
- Grain size is held to tighter tolerance than in other cold drawn tubes
- CDSM Mil-T-6736B Condition N tubing offers good weldability and forming for an alloy grade tube
- SMLS 4130 tubing typically has a minimum yield strength of 75,000 and a minimum tensile strength of 95,000 and elongation of 15 -20% with a Rockwell hardness of B89
- Excellent tubing for use in many applications where weight and strength are an issue such as bicycle frames, handle bars, exercise equipment, aircraft, light aircraft, helicopters, race cars, ATV’s and dune buggies
- Customers can obtain SMLS 4130 tubing to the A519 CDSM specification for sizes outside current Mil-T or AMS specifications and conditions size ranges
- 4130 Aircraft Quality tubing Is produced in popular shapes known as types 1 through type 4. 1 being round tubing, 2 being Square or rectangular, 3 being streamline or airframe, and 4 being Oval shaped
- Mil-T-6736B Condition N tubing is often available in smaller quantities from producing mills (1250’/#’s) than its carbon counterparts.
Note: 4130 Alloy Seamless Aircraft Quality tubing is quoted in a 7 foot spread, typically 17ft to 24ft random Lengths Seamless 4130 and Seamless Aircraft Quality 4130 Alloy tubing are a globally produced product. Customers should expect to order in quantities of and can potentially find price breaks existing at 1250’/#s, 2500’/#’s, 5000’/#’s, 10,000’/#’s, 20,000#’s, 40,000#’s and 100,000#’s.
Size Range Available: .125” OD thru 2.500” OD by .020” wall thru .250” walls. Also produced in Types 1 through 4, round, square or rectangular, airframe or streamline, and oval.
Chemistries Available: 4130 Alloy requires the following chemical characteristics Carbon .28 -.33 max., Manganese .40-.60max., Si .15-.35 max., Ph .025 max.,
S .025 max., Cr .80-1.10 max., Moly .15-.25 max., Nickel .25 max., Copper .35 max.
OD Finish Available: Cold Drawn or commercial surface finish.
Mill Minimum: A number of producers will accept small orders of 1,250 feet or pounds, but these are produced at a dramatic price premium.
Dial Tube and Steel offers Aircraft Quality AMS6736 N, AMS-T-6736N, AMS6360 4130 Cold Drawn Seamless Alloy Tubing Inventory from ¼” OD x .035 wall up to and through 2.000” OD x .250” wall
Call us at 800-323-2728 to see if we can be of assistance with your next requirement.
4130 (Chromoly) Normalized Alloy Steel
Ultimate Tensile Strength, psi
Yield Strength, psi
4130 (Chromoly) Annealed Alloy Steel
Tensile Strength, psi
Yield Strength, psi
97.3 - 98.22%
0.28 - 0.33%
0.8 - 1.1%
0.4 - 0.6%
0.15 - 0.25%
0.15 - 0.35%